We have been ON FIRE lately and part of the “secret” has been my conscious study of the 4 Happiness Chemicals and neuro-associations – and how to regulate them naturally: Dopamine, Oxytocin, Endorphins and Serotonin. The logic is simple:
- We all have the same 1440 minutes in a day –
- Yet some people choose to use their 1440 mins in a way that creates amazing results and others don’t.
WHY???? This has always got at me!
The answer is that it’s easier for them to do, BECAUSE THEY ENJOY DOING THEM (or at least don’t
- This implication is studying: if you could engineer your psychology and physiology in such a way that
you actually ENJOY DOING THE THINGS THAT YIELD THE RESULTS you want – you win in two areas:
3.1. Most of your days are pleasurable because you are doing what actually brings you pleasure
(ex. if you love shopping, eating sweets, going to the movies, laying on the beach, making love,
etc you can identify with intense pleasure 😉
3.2. The activities you do actually yield the end results you want (ex. you get as much pleasure from
making sales calls, reading books, long distance marathons, weight training, you’re wildly attracted
to the people who are good vs bad for you, you find people interesting vs. boring who are good for
you, eating only raw and organic foods, volunteering your time, trying new and scary things – all the
things that tend to yield the end results we want in life).
THINK ABOUT THE IMPLICATION OF BEING ABLE TO ENJOY THE THINGS IN LIFE THAT GENERATE THE END RESULTS YOU WANT VS. HAVING TO “FORCE YOURSELF”!
(Many great leaders and scholars have talked about the pleasure/pain principle but have not delved into the chemistry of it or a practical how-to).
NOTE: Yes, you WILL go through some short term (growing) pain learning how to do this. BUT PAIN IS UNAVOIDABLE IN LIFE.
You have two options:
- Go through the short term, temporary pain of learning this self-mastery technique
- Suffer the long term, permanent pain of never getting what you really, really, really, really, REALLY deeply desire more than anything in the world!
Short term pain .. vs .. the absence of long term pain and presence of long term pleasure
WANT HELP AUTOMATING THIS?